Volunteer photographers in this job are willing to donate their time and talent with working knowledge of our organization to capture the mood or feeling of the event(s). He/She must be able to manipulate their equipment so the finished images are clear. The photographer needs to have the ability to think strategically and creatively. Images taken are used in our website, community newspapers, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must own camera and equipment and working knowledge of the camera, lighting, flashes, etc.
- Able to produce professional looking photos with high resolution.
- Have experience with Photoshop or other picture editing programs.- Work in an open space environment and may need to stand for a long period of time.
- Great people skills, organizational skills and the ability to maintain a calm, courteous and professional demeanor are key elements of success for this position.
- The ability to work independently and to be diplomatic and attentive is required.
* Must be able to volunteer at Chinese New Year Festival
Opportunity to have photography credited in Speed communication and publications. Build a portfolio of professional work.
Record of volunteer service for related work and school purposes
Must have own transportation to program location(s). Ability to stand for a few hours.